The Advantages of Interventional PAD Treatment
Lifestyle changes and medical management are vital to treating patients with PAD. Yet, for majority of patients it is not enough. In those instances, minimally invasive interventional techniques offer new alternatives to more drastic and costly invasive procedures. Patients recover faster and experience fewer risks and side effects.
A new arsenal of tools, such as micro peripheral catheters capable of entering even small blood vessels and excimer lasers for breaking up plaque and opening vessels again, have made treating PAD patients more successful than ever before.
About Hooman Madyoon, MD
Hooman Madyoon, MD, is the co-founder of Westside Medical Associates of Los Angeles, a multi-specialty group focused on the treatment of heart and vascular disease. Prior to moving to the Beverly Hills area, Dr. Madyoon was the founder and president of a large cardiology group in Northern California. As founder of the clinical research program and as director of Interventional Cardiology and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, he participated in more than 30 pivotal multicenter clinical trials as the principal investigator.
Dr. Madyoon has published over 30 articles in peer reviewed journals. Dr. Madyoon is one of the pioneers in carotid stenting along with one of the investigators in California responsible for the National Institutes of Health-sponsored Carotid Revascularization Endarterectomy versus Stenting Trial (CREST). Dr. Madyoon earned his medical degree, Magna Cum Laude, from Pahlavi University School of Medicine in Shiraz, Iran, and completed his general cardiology and interventional cardiology fellowships at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, an affiliate of the University of Michigan. He is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, and interventional cardiology.
About Westside Medical Associates
Hooman Madyoon, MD and Norman Lepor, MD formed Westside Medical Associates in 2002 as a full-service cardiovascular and peripheral arterial disease practice specializing in complex cases. A focus on interventional approaches has earned Westside Medical Associates a reputation for excellence in providing quality, patientfocused care.
The Group specializes in:
- Complex coronary and carotid interventions
- Diagnosis of peripheral vascular disease, including an on-site 64 slice CT scan and 3-T MRI to evaluate any blockage throughout the body
- Diagnosis and treatment of peripheral arterial disease in leg arteries and blood vessels
- Sophisticated treatment strategies that include advanced stenting, atherectomy, laser and balloon angioplasty procedures to treat narrowing in the legs, renal, subclavian, and vertebral arteries
- Nuclear cardiology imaging
- Pacemaker and AICD implantation
- Advanced heart failure therapy
- External Counter-pulsation
- Clinical research protocols
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Madyoon |
Or call our staff at (323) 577-9559
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00pm
Office Location: 99 N. La Cienega Blvd. Suite 203 Beverly Hills, CA 90211